What is an Umbrella Policy?
If you’re in an accident that causes bodily injury* or property damage to someone else, you could be sued.
Personal umbrella coverage will protect your assets against certain lawsuits, and cover your legal expenses and loss of income while preparing your legal defense.
Talk to a broker about topping up your existing coverage with a liability umbrella policy if you are:
- A home or condo owner
- An owner of a recreational property (like a cottage), rental property, boat, or snowmobile
- Active in your community
- A volunteer for school field trips or outings with your children's friends
- A frequent traveler (even on short business trips)
- A volunteer or a director of a non-profit organization (including condo corporations
* Except for damages covered by the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec.
Article Credit: https://www.intact.ca/liability-insurance